View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 03:05 AM   #569
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's why it's smarter for fans not to panic if we don't make earth shattering moves this summer because we are in a weak position for that.

I'm leaning far more into keeping 10. We need more young talent...not less. Hardy and Green are not only fun to watch, but they are actually two of our best players. The naysayers say we need "right now" players, and yet it took a 20 year old Hardy a jason-kidd-won't-play-me half a season to come on.

That's why some of us are so high on TJD. He is a ready now Bam. And he actually has talent. We NEED players who are overall talented....not just do one or two things while Luka runs himself to death.

So, keep the pick, dump some of the dead weight off the roster for the best moves you can make this summer, and see what you can do at the deadline.
This is exactly the best strategy going forward imo.

I'd add that we should do all we can to move Kyrie in a S&T deal and acquire any picks or players around Luka's age as possible. Good Lord, our superstar is 5 years from being in the middle of his prime so I dont see the extreme urgency to risk completely destroying the team by not being just a little patient.

We have 3 young players and a high pick that can be great building blocks for the next decade plus.
Why risk it all now?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote