View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 10:25 AM   #609
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Hmm if Nets are wanting to shed salary...

Bertans / 10

for

DFS or O'Neale / Mills / 21 / 22

Nets immediately cut Bertans and his salary is off the books after a year... Mills and Pinson are our de facto assistant coaches.... Mavs resign Kyrie, and draft two of:

Adem Bona, James Nnaji, Dereck Lively, TJD

and

Bilal Coulibaly, Leonard Miller, Sidy Cissoko, Olivier Maxence Prosper, Rayan Rupert
Not gonna sugarcoat it...none of those guys move the needle for me. Not even getting DFS back would get me excited for dropping from the caliber of players (and value in a trade) at 10 to 21/22.

I also don't think Mavs FO cares for Mills as he could have been had last year if they wanted.

I tend to think we could get more for Bertans contract expiring than we would think.

I can totally see Mavs drafting at 10 the BPA they think can help their timeline now and they could always reassess at the TDL with the player picked, plus Green and Hardy as trade bait if they feel it puts them in prime position for a championship run.

Then again, I'm all for adding a top 10 young talent to this roster unless it's netting a Turner, Siakam, etc. level of player.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote