View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 09:22 AM   #36
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Dave Bliss: Worthless. You will not believe this breaking news.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
211- I think it would be a monumental mistake and a huge knee jerk. We can field teams and play through this. There is no way that this will happen. It is not Baylor's fault per se that this occurred. No university in the world could have protected themselves against Bliss's actions. To quit shows no conviction to doing things the right way. I am 100% convinced that Baylor will continue on and that they will do things the right way in the future.

doc, i know it be a huge overeraction, but something besides just hiring a new coach and AD has to be done. this program has had dirty coaches for what, the last 10 years, and still Baylor puts together the same comitee to look for a replacement. IMO someting else has to be done. There is obviously something wrong with the whole set up, and a clean sweep needs to happen. the players are leaving on their own, the coaches are fired, the AD resigned, now something needs to be about the Boosters and even the president. As an outsider looking in, who lives in WACO, there is little compassion for what is going on there(except for Dennehy). I think a lot of people find it hard to believe that the university is as innocent as they are playing themselves to be. With the tons of info coming out now, and the secreatary trying to go to officials (and the shitty paper), you'd have to think that something could have been done.
Even though i'm not a BAylor fan, i hope the football program has some success, and starts to slowly put this into the back of people's minds. It's no good for anyone.