View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 04:37 PM   #37
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dave Bliss: Worthless. You will not believe this breaking news.....

Quote:
Originally posted by: Just211
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio
211- I think it would be a monumental mistake and a huge knee jerk. We can field teams and play through this. There is no way that this will happen. It is not Baylor's fault per se that this occurred. No university in the world could have protected themselves against Bliss's actions. To quit shows no conviction to doing things the right way. I am 100% convinced that Baylor will continue on and that they will do things the right way in the future.

doc, i know it be a huge overeraction, but something besides just hiring a new coach and AD has to be done. this program has had dirty coaches for what, the last 10 years, and still Baylor puts together the same comitee to look for a replacement. IMO someting else has to be done. There is obviously something wrong with the whole set up, and a clean sweep needs to happen. the players are leaving on their own, the coaches are fired, the AD resigned, now something needs to be about the Boosters and even the president. As an outsider looking in, who lives in WACO, there is little compassion for what is going on there(except for Dennehy). I think a lot of people find it hard to believe that the university is as innocent as they are playing themselves to be. With the tons of info coming out now, and the secreatary trying to go to officials (and the shitty paper), you'd have to think that something could have been done.
Even though i'm not a BAylor fan, i hope the football program has some success, and starts to slowly put this into the back of people's minds. It's no good for anyone.

The fact of the matter is that Baylor will field a team. Period. That is already determined. Your assertion that the coaches have been "dirty for 10 years" is incorrect. Harry Miller ran a very clean program and a fairly successful one too. He was a gentleman and was squeaky clean. I'm tired of people bashing Baylor because they are down. It's easy to take shots at them now because so much crap is flying around. Some of it's true, a lot of it is not. For instance, you say something needs to be done about the boosters . Why? There is not one shred of evidence that any booster had anything to do with anything. As a matter of fact, the fact (yes fact) is that the primary high dollar boosters are lining up to open up their records to the committee. Several have openly shared that information wiht the media. Baylor is running a very transparent and open investigation and the vast majority of all facts are out in the open. That is what they must continue to do. Baylor should be commended on the way this investigation ahs been run.

Now about the players. I cannot blame them one bit for leaving. Many of these young men have chances to play elsewhere and be eligible for post season play. We will not play in the post season for two years minimum. Baylor has supproted these young men and have petitioned the NCAA and Big 12 to waive all transfer rules on their behalf. Why? Because we recognize that Coach Bliss is the only one who is at fault here. The kids are not. They should not be penalized. In some cases, we have made contact at other institutions on behalf of the player. It's hard, but it is the right thing to do.

The former secretary clearly has an anti-Baylor agenda. Listen to her rants and it is clear. Her coming out to a newspaper is unfortunate and she wouldn't have done so without this sick opportunity. I know the director of personnel very well and I can say with 100% confidence that she shot herself in the foot when she alleged he would not act on her behalf. He is so well known here for his work ethic it's not funny. She MAY have had a beef had she not lied about this. She blew it.

The President. President Sloan has done a very admiral job handling an incredibly complex and disturbing situation. He has maintained his integrity, honor and values throughout this entire process. He was lied to and when he spoke on behalf of a man he entrusted our program to, a man with a previously sterling reputation, he did it thinking that he could be trusted. Noone in the world could have seen Bliss coming. Bliss is a scheming lying monster and he should be jailed. President Sloan should be commended for his leadership during an incredibly trying situation.

You are right. The Waco Trib sucks balls. I appreciate your coment about the football team. I am hoping that they can help start the healing process.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote