View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 05:19 PM   #38
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Is the stuff about WCS outperforming Powell a joke I missed? Or is it a belief that Powell will be so bad coming off injury that the literal last man we signed in free agency(maybe Iwundu is actually the last) will be better than him?

Not being rude, just asking as I've missed a lot over the last few weeks not being on here as much. We chased the corpse of Gasol over WCS before bringing him back. And DP was praised for working harder than anybody in the bubble last year despite his injury. He has been routinely praised as the hardest worker on the roster ever since he got here. Edit- Plus the obvious... he is highly highly efficient when healthy on offense. So it would have to be glaringly obvious for him to be beat out by WCS IMO.

So is the belief that he will be like the corpse of Wesley Matthews once he's healthy and so bad he's going to be out of the league soon or that WCS is basically overlooked by the entire NBA and he's just flat out better? Or am I missing a sarcastic joke?
That's what I would think. I don't think Powell will be worthless, but players just don't come back to form after that injury. Esp players that rely on athleticism the way Powell does.

And I think the Gasol thing was more to please the fans versus actual production. Plus, we need more vets, and I'm sure they took at look at Milsap as well.

And it should be said that nobody is saying WCS is going to average 20/10, but he was productive in his limited minutes last season. No reason to think he won't be this season as well.

But quite frankly, I feel like people are even more disillusioned about Powell even before the injury. I know he does well in some advanced stats and is a killer roll man, but he is still a very limited role player. Don't want to hate on him though as I want all Mavs to do well (even poor Jackson and Wright before they were sent away).

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote