View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 03:59 PM   #21
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Taken from espn boards:

I thought it was absurd Lebron only has 1 foul per game in the series against the Celtics, so I dug a little deeper.

Lebron averages just 1.6 fouls per game- his maximum fouls in a game this year was FOUR (not even a minute at risk to foul out in over 3000 minutes this year, including playoffs) - and he only got hit with four fouls in THREE GAMES! They were the season opener against the C's (10/27), then on 11/18 and 11/27. That's right. He hasn't gotten whistled for a fourth foul in a game SINCE NOVEMBER 27TH. OVER FIVE MONTHS. Cleveland's record in those games:
0-3. And all this for a guy that constantly drives to the bucket, gets inside enough to grab over 7 boards a game and who averaged 1.64 steals and just shy of 1 block per game. I've watched a lot of Lebron and never noticed it until this series as he constantly avoids the whistle for his aggressive defense. These numbers seem highly suspect considering the level of energy he plays with...fair or foul?

I think the explanation is simple: LeBron is too amazing to foul.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote