View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #19
b_o_r
Golden Member

b_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud ofb_o_r has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
Nice to see a PGT.

This was a fun and encouraging game. The Kings are a bad team, yet they had won 3 in a row and certainly couldn't be penciled in as an automatic win. That we won in a blowout, and didn't give up the lead when the Kings made a run was a good sign. There was some shakiness in the third, but the Mavs didn't panic, and handled their business.

I like what I am seeing from this team now with Fisher. I wasn't sold on the signing, but with the way the players are responding, I have no problem with it. Fisher is like a poor man's Jason Kidd. Granted he won't be making the jaw dropping passes, but he also won't be making the head scratching turnovers either. He seem, if nothing else, a very consistent presence on the floor. I think this team (with the addition of Fisher) is better than their record reflects, and it is still just three and a half games from the fourth seed.

We are twenty game into the season and in the playoff picture, without our star player. Had Fisher (or an equivalent player) been here from the beginning of the season, I think we would be in the top of the West. That is very, very promising. I am still excited to see what this group looks like with Dirk. I think if he can play at a level similar to last season, we will have no problem making the playoffs. If the Dirk from the Championship season returns, we are going to make some noise with this lineup.
The good thing about bringing in Fisher was that it broke up the Darren/Mayo back court which was failing miserable.
b_o_r is offline   Reply With Quote