View Single Post
Old 10-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #99
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsar View Post
I read the RealGM Timberwolves forum thread about Barea being bought out: a lot of people seem to think he shouldn't have been signed (as in not a good situation for him to go into) and that he was used the wrong way. It seems like he also complained about the lack of playing time on THAT team... what's going to happen here? A lot of people there are happy to see him go.

"Also barea was less of a scapegoat as he was legitimately awful."

"It's strange how his stats were decent for a guy so ****."

"I am so happy that bum is out of here. We won't have him single handedly costing us games."

"Barea was treated better than deserved. The amount of games we lost or almost lost because of him was immense."

"Barea this past season was 14th out of 15 on the team in RAPM with a -3.45 total. He just beat out Shabazz who was a rookie and only got garbage minutes. Barea, meanwhile, was 7th on the team in minutes played and sulked on the bench when things didn't go his way."

"Thank goodness!
In terms of good memories though, gotta give him some massive props for that OKC game last season (or the season before?)."

"Congrats guys! Should never have been signed but it's great that I don't have to watch him anymore."

"Shall we make today a holiday ? I say yes"

It seems like Adelman didn't know when to reign him in. Hopefully Carlisle does.
"Those late 4th quarters where JJ was in the game still were on Adelman. Its up to the coach to know who needs to be in there."

None of those quotes are encouraging and the teams fans usually have a better grasp of what's going on than most in the media. Especially for a small market team like the Wolves.
Why would any Mav fan care what Minny fans think about JJB? It's not like there's a lack of precedent for evaluating him as a fit with Dirk and in Rick's offense.