View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 11:47 AM   #79
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Do you think Dirk is going to a summer of workouts and then 82 games (maybe playing just 60 with no b2bs) just to win 15 games?
Agreed. I just don't see Dirk at his age embracing all the work that goes into getting him basketball ready for a 15-20win tank roster. He's never been about the money and I don't think that would make him happy. If it did then by all means max him out and tank if we can't get plan A for once I just see it as highly unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
For the record: I wasn't advocating a full rebuild. I was simply quoting what Cuban said which would be a year off rebuild and then IMO retool when the cap skyrockets this summer. I think the team could have won almost as many games without having given Wes the max. And honestly, with the way this season is finishing, I'm not sure tanking is much of an option anymore. Mavs can't win even when they want to.

I don't like seeing a new team every season, but I'd say this one needs to be tweaked more than ever. It starts with getting rid of some of these PGS and forcing Rick to play somewhat sane lineups.

And I think getting swept on national tv to GS or SA will do more harm than good. Ugh.
Yeah I agree with this. I would like to know where Dirk stands with the options we have available. Even if we can move some pgs off the roster and sign a guy like DH12 to a contract that likely would be an overpay as well how much better will this team be? If Dirk was ok with opting out and taking a big salary increase(I doubt it) it would be better for a draft pick, but then how attractive are we the following year even with all the cap? Likely then Dirk will be retiring and all we have is a CP(maybe) and an overpaid Wes(assuming he can't re-establish value to be moved or be a core piece) and presumably an aged DH12 in a small ball era. Honestly the options are not great no matter how we look at it. But if you like the David Rob 1 year tank idea then after next year wouldn't be a bad time do do it either with cap going up again that year and frankly this year's free agent class outside of KD35 is rly underwhelming. 2017 does look better even if I'm not sure they are realistic options if we are a 15-20 win team.

It pains me to see us be this bad and it would pain me to see it again next year but if Dirk wants to at least field a roster that competes for the playoffs then I'm all for it 100%. I really don't want to see Dirk miserable playing with 25yr olds and getting doubled every time he touches the ball. If we have a 20 win roster around Dirk I really doubt he will have fun playing in what could be his final year. As far as I'm concerned he's earned more than enough equity from fans from his loyalty and I think Cuban does whatever makes Dirk feel respected, was all I was saying as well to clarify.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote