View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #22
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yeah I see the injury concerns but at the same time, I wouldn't put Barnes at the wing spot when thinking about depth. I don't have any numbers because it was preseason but I saw Barnes basically exclusively at the 4. And while he "could" play the 3, the same could be said for Powell playing the 5. Plus I don't think any of us are thinking we could do much more than be a first round exit team. I liked Dozier's upside enough to take a chance that if Noel or Dirk got banged up Powell could spend a few minutes at the 5 like he's done every year he's been here, it's not like you can get worse than 30th in rebounding.
Yeah not saying he’ll play much SF even though it’s his most effective position, but if Matthews and DFS were injured, he’d certainly get some time there.

Dozier couldn’t play SG either— no team in the league can afford to have a defense-only guy at the second guard spot.

That and Rick seems to really like Harris and/or Curry at the three with two other guards. Dozier was easy to cheer for but impossible to see getting actual minutes. He’s a rough project at least 1-2 years from being NBA talent. Love his defensive versatility and potential but in the NBA you have to play both sides.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-16-2017 at 09:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote