Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 06:45 PM   #577
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Wow, nice story... Dude is shooting 43% from beyond the arc, set the Cougars record for the most threes in a game, going 10/13. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylINuPXS7d4

We could always use sharpshooter with size, plus he does appear to be a solid rebounder. How's his defense? Looks like he's completely off the radar right now, could grab him with that last pick or extend a camp invite if he goes undrafted.
The line from the video about him being a deer & trying to grow into his body, I get the feeling he's still adjusting. However, I haven't watched anything but highlights of Franks, yet.

If I were looking for a comp, I'd say he profiles like a cross between a Nik Stauskas and a Channing Frye type. But, that's only what I'd be expecting to find. Hopefully, he's a bit more agile, although, if he is, he might not last til late 2nd round.

Edit: I'm particularly impressed with the season-to-season improvement, especially his FT% this year 88.4%. He's essentially taken on the leading scorer role for the Cougars, and all of his #s have improved under that pressure. Rougly double the minutes, and his scoring has nearly tripled, rebounding more than doubled, assists, steals, etc. all up, even TOs less than doubled. He responded to the pressure & %s up across the board, makes me think his FT% improvement is real. I would expect his shooting to translate at the next level.

Last edited by Magnum_3_Ball; 02-12-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote