Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 07:45 PM   #584
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, that jumped out at me too... Read an article on him where he completely overhauled his body before this season started -- cut the junk food, slimmed down, added muscle. Dude basically chose to become a gym rat. Here's a link: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...bert-franks-s/
Good article. I like the kid's work ethic. Especially knowing he went from a kid who guys wouldn't let play pick up games with them to the #4 player in the state in high school.

Looking at his frame, he has a wide body. I don't see him being a particularly athletic perimeter defender, but with that lower body strength, I don't think it's any accident he's rebounding like he does.

I do notice a little hiccup in his shot. He likes to bring the ball down to his waist, as short of a timing/rhythm mechanism, I know because I use to like to do that. That's kinda bad. Gives NBA defenders that extra half second they need to close out. Can't believe Washington State hasn't worked with him on that, but that's also another thing that could cause him to slide in the 2nd round. It's something that's fixable with individual coaching & time too.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote