Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #597
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
I'm only going to be happy with Bamba if Doncic, Ayton, Jackson Jr, and Trae Young are already off the board. I think I'd rather have Mikal Bridges over him too.

Bamba is a project. The talent is unquestioned, but he's at least 1 year & probably 2 years away from developing an NBA body, and that's if he works at it because there are questions about his work ethic.
I'm not sure that's a knock when considering this team is not winning, much less competing for, a championship within the next 2-3 years. I do not argue the fact that he is a project, just the notion that is a knock against him. I absolutely take him over Trae Young and Mikal Bridges. The tougher call is between him and Jaren Jackson Jr.

But it is my hope that the Mavs FO isn't viewing these prospects for what they are today, but what they can be for this team in the future. And I think Mo Bamba can be a stud.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote