View Single Post
Old 07-04-2015, 04:19 AM   #95
Thukydides

Thukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to allThukydides is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budapest Maverick View Post
Does Cuban really think Jordan will be our franchise player? He said it on the Bob & Dan show that he sees him as Shaq and Steve Nash, an MVP-caliber player. I hope it's just cool-aid talk and Carlisle won't be forced to run the offense through DJ. That would be a disaster.

I liked him admitting that we could have tanked the season, have it not for the successful moves. This tells me that they will be ready to tank when the times comes. I like that because I think we will need that premier talent after Dirk. DJ is obviously not that kind of guy. I absolutely love the signings, first option though, he is not.
First of all: I love that interview.. Cuban is so great. I don´t think that whole "DeAndre-franchise-player" stuff necessarily means he will get isolation plays. But running the spread pick-n-roll with him does mean nothing else but that he´s the first option. And a deep post-up here and there, I don´t think it might be much of an harm.

Last edited by Thukydides; 07-04-2015 at 04:20 AM.
Thukydides is offline   Reply With Quote