View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #508
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelNegro
Of course he would lie about it. Ever buy a car? If you told the salesman nothing but the truth chances are you're not going to get as good a deal as you would have had you fibbed a little.

NBA trades work the same way. "I'm not trading Devin" could mean "I'm not trading Devin" or it could mean "I want you to think that I'm not trading Devin". Pretend for a second the Mavs are talking about getting Kidd with Devin being in the deal. Is Cuban supposed to come out and say "Hey look everybody, we're trying to trade Devin for Kidd"? What happens if the deal falls through? You've gotten your fans worked up, you've told your team you don't think they're good enough, and most importantly, you've pissed off Devin. Wouldn't you be better off to just deny everything and squash all rumors until you knew something for certain?
In theory that could be true but I haven't known him to out-right lie like this. I mean it comes down to believing the owner or believe Stein's sources. I'll stick with the owner until something actually happens.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote