View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #19
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
great players invite that double team

I can't think of a Maverick who wants to see that double team.

Just like what Silk was referring to, Magic/Bird/MJ wanted them to come.
Alby,
You just entered the "Silk World" of basketball thinking This is exactly how I rate Superstars. This little trait tells me who is truly great. This is exactly how I look at every so called Superstar. I view them by comparing them to Bird/Magic/MJ qualities. You hit it right on the head about our Mavs. And when you did, you just hit on the biggest point I have been trying to make about Dirk.

That is why a truly great player cant be stopped. They only can stop themselves. If you can double team a player, then truly that player is not a "Great" player. I called them All-Stars. This is why I feel so high about Kobe type of players. He can kill you many ways, no matter what you throw at him. Wade did this against the Mavs in the Championship. This was the difference between Wade and Dirk.
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote