View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #44
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
I wonder if Butler/Jones/No. 1 is enough to get Iguodala?
Philly is going no where, and this gives them some cap relief and a draft pick. Considering just how poor they started out and considering his numbers being low this year due to some other contributions, I would actually think yes. In the offseason, before the horrible start and stats drop, no way, but given the start and other guys showing they can score for Philly, I could see it. I would still prefer to have Brand included for reasons not to be rehashed in this thread, but that is very unlikely and I realize that. The roster after:

Kidd
Iggy
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

Very good defense out of 4 of the 5 positions.

When Roddy is back and 100% you are looking at:

Kidd
Roddy
Iggy
Dirk
Chandler

Again, very good defense out of 4 of the 5 positions. Depending on the matchups you could always sit Roddy and bring in Marion (Heat for example with LeBron/Wade - their size/strength would make Iggy/Marion the better choice defensively).

We would be so much better on defense (with either lineup) than we are now. If somehow you could include Barea in that deal (or in a 3-way) and get a better backup 1, damn, I would just be ecstatic. Hell, just include him for nothing and give Jet backup minutes at the 1 with Stevenson at the 2. I would rather watch Jet get a few more shots that Barea typically takes and let Stevenson just play good D on the 2nd unit myself.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 11-09-2010 at 04:16 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote