View Single Post
Old 11-21-2016, 05:15 PM   #283
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
I'll say this and then not reply in order to give you the last word and also to not escalate any further.

1. Why are the Hillary supporters are the ones causing fights/etc at Trump rallies? Why is the republican office the one that was fire bombed? Why do we videos of liberals/democrats breaking through barricades to storm a Trump rally/hotel? I very well could be wrong, but it sure seems like it's the liberals/democrats that are the ones causing all the issues. This just seems like some fans going into an opposing team's stadium and being overly obnoxious just to get it all captured on video for youtube ... and then complain about "those people".

2. If the government needs more money, which is a better way to get it .. raising taxes or putting more people to work? People that have an excess amount of free time because they don't work or are underpaid, usually are the ones most bitter and prone to negative outbursts. My view is Get Educated and Get a Job. At the end of my 45+ hour week, I'm just too damn tired to worry about going to a Democrat or Republican rally and trying to pick a fight. I want to come home, watch the Mavs win a game, and then go to bed.

3. We had 8 years of Obama trying his way and I did sincerely hope he would be a great president just so we could all legitimately say that our first black president was great. At the end of his term, America is more divided in more ways than I've ever seen it in my adult life of 25+ years. This bothers me the most of anything else that is attributed to him both good and bad.

4. Yes, I voted for Trump. Yes, he is a complete @$$. Yes, he has sexist tendencies (very similar to Bill Clinton). Yes, he probably found loopholes in his taxes ... but I'm certainly not looking for ways to give the government more of my money than I can either. I'll agree with you and most other democrats on some but probably not all of your Trump opinions. If I'm willing to meet you this far, then why can't democrats see the horrific issues with Hillary on her (and her husband's) entire political career?

Sorry I missed this. First of all thanks for a measured response and I invite conversation with you regarding this (no escalation necessary).

You're right that America is divided, but Donald Trump plays on those fears and is escalating things further in my eyes. Fearful of illegal immigrants? He has rhetoric for you. Fearful of muslims? He has more rhetoric for you. What's the solution for disadvantaged black communities? Stop and frisk. His protectionism isn't limited to trade deals, and it's given white supremacists not just a platform but is also legitimizing their very dangerous ideas. If you think Obama caused a divide what exactly do you think Trump will do? (This isn't a sarcastic or rhetorical question, I genuinely wonder if you believe we will come together under Trump).

The biggest problem with Trump isn't his infrastructure plans, or his tax plans, or even his plan to build a border wall (it is a border after all). The biggest problem is his picking segments of the population as scapegoats. Now, he had a chance to walk this back a bit and I would've chalked it up to him saying what he needed to to motivate his base. But thus far I have seen nothing that lends credence to him being transparent or anything but self-involved and self-centered.

Is O'Bannon (an openly racist, openly misogynistic man) as Chief of Staff supposed to alleviate my concern? Is Jeff Sessions (too racist in the 80s!) as Attorney General supposed to alleviate my concern? What about the fact that he limits press pool access (who needs it when your chief of staff will act as a mouthpiece through his own website?)?

Trump has certain ideas I agree with. This country does need an influx of money and work on infrastructure. This country does need term limits. This country does need to limit the power of lobbyists. But do the benefits outweigh the costs? Many white American said "yes." Many non-white Americans, including myself, are wondering where this leaves us. Whether America is the inclusive, diverse nation we were sold on.

If you don't want to discuss this further I understand, but I honestly would greatly enjoy the chance to converse with you.