View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 11:32 AM   #167
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
Basically that entire post (and your entire argument for that matter) is you saying "no, I understand you are telling me you did consider it, but I am assuming you didn't because you didn't post back to me in a time that meets my needs and because you ranted after a tough loss (a loss in my eyes anyway)."
This is what I like to call "bullshit". You've got nothing and I know it. If you had indeed considered anything other than draft order (eg, how tanking might affect the rest of the organization) you could easily have addressed it by now, but instead you puff out your chest and hope nobody notices that you're full of s____.

Madden29Dan, it's really really really easy to understand the benefit of moving up 3 spots in the draft. Anybody with enough skill to turn on a playstation and stick in the Madden disk can figure this out. I could have saved you a whole lot of effort in this regard:

6 picks before 9. All other things being equal, I'd rather pick earlier than later.

See how easy that was?

It's a bit harder to count the costs of tanking, but regardless even a fool knows that you can't only consider the benefits of an action and completely disregard the costs. (Well, obviously not all fools understand this or we wouldn't be having this discussion, would we?)

Personally, I don't think there is anyway on earth Jones could have asked Garrett to tank the game. Not because Garrett was *auditioning* for the HC job and a *W* would help, but instead because tanking the game would have completely undermined Garrett's efforts at constructing the sort of culture in the locker room that he wants.

(locker room culture...not exactly something you have to worry about in your Madden franchise is it?)

With three draft spots you're talking about the marginal difference in talent between two guys that are very, very close in talent to begin with. When thinking about locker room culture, you're talking about something that can have a significant impact upon every player on the team in every game.

Suffice it to say that constructing the *right* (whatever that may be) kind of culture, and avoiding actions which might undermine that culture, is arguably more valuable than 3 draft spots. To never consider this, and then dismiss those who do consider this as *dumb* is the height of foolishness.

But I will give you this Madden29Dan....this isn't the most foolish argument I've seen you make in these forums....that would be your sundry arguments in the "who should be the 'boys next coach" thread...perhaps you're making progress.

Last edited by alexamenos; 01-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote