View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #59
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
He never even got both hands on Griffin at once. Haywood tried to wrap up Griffin like he would any other big dude in the NBA, only, Griffin isn't any other big dude, and got halfway away before Haywood could finish the wrap-up.

Haywood tried to wrap him up near the waist, which you see happen all the time to prevent guys from getting an easy basket. Griffin is so big, strong, and quick, that by the time Haywood got his left arm to Griffin, his right arm was already off of Griffin's waist b/c Griffin had moved two feet closer to the rim in .00002 seconds. So Haywood's left arm, once it finally got to Griffin, got him on the forearm and grabbed for a split second. In that same split second, Griffin had already started to leave the floor under his own power because he's so big, strong and quick.

Haywood grabbed the arm and let go of the arm very quickly. I honestly think it's one of those flagrants that's only a flagrant because of the way the other player fell.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDO0l1M1lV0

Well he kinda did get two hands on him fwiw. First off he hits him across the face at :37 secs and has two hands on him shortly after. Now he didn't blatantly grab him with two hands and fling him down as it looked in regular speed but surely you aren't arguing that we wouldn't want a flagrant called if it were ANYONE doing that to Dirk?!

I agree with your overall point that it looked worse because of the fall/landing. I can see how Haywood has a legit argument especially seen in slow motion that he didn't mean for it to end up the way it did. I just think this situation calls for a little common sense and fairness. Yeah, he isn't wearing a Mav uni, isn't Dirk and isn't our kid but obviously that was at the very least questionable and I'm ok with the call. Can't say I wouldn't have called it the same.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote