View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
By "fan service" I mean the inclusion of Boba Fett('s dad) and Chewbacca for no other reason than to have Boba Fett and Chewbacca in the movie... Or a pod race scene that's totally reminiscent of the speeder bike scene... Or the asteroid field, AGAIN... And didn't the C3 unit at the beginning of Phantom Menace say "how rude" just like C3PO did in Empire? Or how about Anakin getting his hand cut off at the end of the second movie just like Luke did?

I could go on and on and on - these things were included solely for the sake of nostalgia, rather than because they were relevant to the plot.
That's true, but I view those as minuscule items for the purpose of not having all Star Wars fans in open rebellion against the franchise. The big stuff like plot, writing, dialogue, Jar Jar, and Metichlorians were anything but fan pleasers. Honestly, if Lucas had just remade four, five, and six with a younger cast and better effects it still woulda been better than that crap he gave us in one, two, and three.

As long as Abrams gives us something that we won't wipe ourselves in the morning with plot-wise, then I've got nothing against those small fan pleasers.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote