View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #50
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I agree with you, but they're big-time Trek geeks, so I can understand being disappointed from their perspective... Personally, I thought it was a great popcorn flick.

I am, however, still worried about Abrams taking over Star Wars. The excessive amount of callbacks and fan service in his two Trek outings were acceptable, but I still think Star Wars is in need of a completely fresh adventure - especially after three prequels stuffed to the brim with callbacks and fan service. The last thing Star Wars needs is more nostalgia, but I'm afraid they're going to keep milking that cow as long as people keep showing up with fistfuls of money.
I hear you on that one. I don't think Abrams is a particularly inspired choice for Star Wars. Not necessarily a bad choice either, just not the best. I was really hoping for Brad Bird. Apparently they offered him the job and he turned it down. I'm cautiously optimistic though. Abrams is definitely skilled and they've got good writers on the project. I'm sure has considerably less control over this than he's accustomed to on his films. Usually that's a bad thing but this time it might do good by keeping his bad habits in check.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote