View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #80
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Just saw it... Big, dumb summer movie with a predictable plot, cliché dialogue, flat humor and mediocre acting, but watching those fight scenes on the big screen was worth the price of admission. It was somehow the most and least original movie I've seen all summer.
I grew up on Godzilla movies so I do think I probably held it to a higher standard. I probably would have liked it more if I was that age again.

**SPOILER**

Few things that bugged me...

What bothered me was the lack of elements. I loved in old Godzilla movies that no matter how futile it was that tanks, howitzers, and jets still put in a good fight. This movie helicopters just flew around doing nothing. And no Jets, Tanks or anything. Even in the beginning of the movie they said they took down a monster with just those since they had no choice at that point. But later on, only the robots and people in them fought.

Also, did we need another "end of the world" movie? Plenty of big monster movies, including that awful Emmerich Godzilla, weren't about the end of the world. The original Godzilla was also not about the end of the world. We've seen that played out a zillion times now. Funny that Longhorn said his friend thought it was the best movie since Independence day since the very end of Rim was basically the same ending.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote