View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #85
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Saw Elysium yesterday. Have to say that I was somewhat disappointed. I knew it wasnt going to be as smart as D9 going in, but I still thought they dumbed it down too much. The action and effects were top rate, but I just felt kinda empty leaving the theater. Also, Blomkomp just needs to make Halo already. I mean, if he sold out to make Elysium, then why not Halo? There are just so many elements in Elysium that are taken from Halo that I just want to see it made already.
Pretty much my thoughts. Too many cliches. Too dumbed down. Acting for a couple of characters was downright awful. I wanted a lot more back story and build up.

Some really good ideas and the action was top notch (although too brutally violent for my taste). Mainly, it just had amazing potential as a Sci-fi world. Still, it's not a terrible movie. It was just disappointing how much potential it left on the cutting room floor.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 08-11-2013 at 11:07 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote