View Single Post
Old 03-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #402
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ryan Gosling is my favorite actor out right now (along with Gyllenhaal), but I cant bring myself to watch this. idk breaking out in song all movie isnt my thing. And I dont think these roles maximize his potential.
That isn't really what is wrong with the movie...although the music, dancing, dialogue, and acting are all mediocre to bad. The music especially sounds like it was written by a 10 year old.

The major problem with the movie is that it basically decides to stop being a musical about a third of the way through. Pretty sure it was done on purpose, but it doesn't make it good. It's all about the purity of something versus having to adapt to modern times. Like, we're not mature enough to be able to watch a classic musical and instead need some sort of fusion product.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote