View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 12:57 PM   #407
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy 2... It succeeded the same way as The Empire Strikes Back in that it used the sequel to explore the rich, new world it had created rather than retreading the same ground that made the first movie work (the character reintroductions had me a bit worried in the first 15 minutes, but it quickly found its footing)... And the best part about it is that they left all the MCU movie connecting for the post credit scenes -- none of that "Thanos does nothing" BS from the first one.

Funnier, more emotional, and every single character had an arc -- even minor players like Yondu and Nebula had fleshed-out emotional cores in this one... And I think Rocket had almost as much screen time and importance as StarLord, which was refreshing. The screen time was divvied up nicely between all the characters. Hell, it even had a good villain with a clear motivation, which hasn't exactly been Marvel's strong suit in the past.

Updated Marvel list:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Captain America: Civil War
Captain America: The First Avenger
Thor
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
Ant-Man
Iron Man 3
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor: The Dark World
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2

Gotta admit that I'm also stoked about Thor: Ragnarok... Taika Waititi seems to be brining the GotG vibe, which fits with both the Thor comics and Waititi's lighter-hearted comedic style (check out What We Do in the Shadows if you have a chance!)
Ant Man and Dr. Strange would both be higher on my list. Very good movies.. haven't seen the GotG2 yet.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote