Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2018, 08:24 PM   #459
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Also, anyone wanting Carlisle to "coach us to a loss" objectively doesn't understand tanking.
Like 3 weeks ago, Willie Cauley-Stein shot 6 or 7 mid range jump shots in the 4th quarter of close game the Kings were playing. A coach not trying to tank would of pulled him before he was able to miss that many shots. Cauley-Stein has actually developed a nice mid range jump shot. I was able to see that Saturday night vs the Mavs, instead of read a play-by-play from a box score. Still Cauley-Stein's game is not shooting.

There are definitely ways to coach a team to a loss & yeah I think Carlisle should be trying to do that.

Carlisle is smart. Why does it matter if the Mavs win 26 games this year or 29?

You can say, "Oh well, you can't turn off that winning spirit. It either stays on or it doesn't". I'd argue that with 2 seconds left in the 4th qtr & your team is down by 2 pts, if a shooter misses his first free throw the objective thing to do is to try & miss the 2nd free throw on purpose to try & give yourself a better chance to win by getting the rebound. What's the difference? Aren't you suppose to try and make every free throw that you take? Or is it smarter to look at the big picture?
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote