Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #479
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

I can't remember exactly who said that note on... Oh yeah it was Seth Davis... I think on Chris Mannix's podcast. I usually listen to Zach Lowe & Adrian Wojnarowski's podcasts (looking forward to the next time Jonathan Givony from Draft Express is on). Anyways, Seth Davis had the note on Ayton and Jackson Jr being really exceptional at pick n roll defensive with their quickness & agility to jump out and handle guards if forced to switch but also the mobility & speed to recover on defense & protect the rim if not.

You usually don't get that kind of analysis. It's usually much more generic. Things like good rebounder, long arms plays the passing lanes, etc. But, the stuff that really matters is those little tidbits. Like if Bagley III can't do that, he'll spend a lot of time on the bench until he figures it out. Half the teams in this league are PnR offenses it seems like.

Anybody have some good recommendations for other podcasts/resources for more in-depth analysis?
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote