Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 01:43 PM   #514
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
Yeah see my dream scenario looks more like DSJ, 1st round pick this year, Barnes, and adding RJ Barrett or Cam Reddish or Kris Wilkes i.e. some other player in next year's draft who could be in the top 5. I don't see Capela or Gordon having that kind of potential.

I'd want to keep the cap space & use it to continue to collect assets (draft picks) from teams who still need to get under the tax for the next 2 years. Kinda copy what Boston did & stockpile assets for a few years; not immediately run out & spend on Capela/Gordon & hope a guy like Klay Thompson would come here.
Boston traded major assets (the Big 3) to acquire a bunch of picks at once, which is the only reason they were able to build the way they did (which also included trading several picks for players)... Dallas has no such assets, and will probably be rebuilding for the next 5-10 years if we stick strictly to building through the draft. Plus, after this upcoming draft there's no reason to assume that we'll still be bad enough to get a top pick in 2019. If we end up with a mid-first, then chances are their ceiling will be somewhere in the range of Capela/Gordon anyway -- might as well just cut to the chase.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote