View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 05:57 PM   #95
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
C free agents if we opt to pass on Jordan
Hortford - 32 years old and 6'10". Might be worth a look, but may take a 30mill player option and not even hit FA
Cousins - hasn't played yet, but we'll see. He will want to move on for more money, but Lakers have money and Lebron.
Gasol - may be looking to get out with the rocky lockerroom. JJJ is promising, but not as much as Doncic, but he'll be 34 next season.
Deandre Jordan - Top 2-3 rebounder. One of the worst defensive centers. Gonna be 31
Vujecic - Decent rebounder. Good scorer with good hands. Just really bad on defense like Jordan, but two years younger.
Whiteside - Will he ever leave MIA after having such a rocky tenure there? Will he walk away from 27 mill next year (player option). 13/13/2.5 guy who does everything we need from a center (defense, rebounding, and ability to punish cheaters)
Howard - ha! No one wants Superman
Brook Lopez - Powell jr. Rebounds worse than Powell, but slightly more effective shooting jumpers
Valanciunas - 7 foot bruiser who rebounds with the best. Solid team defender. May be able to be pried from Toronto if Kawhi leaves
Kanter - Improving defensively. Really strong rebounding. Smart player who wants out of NYK according to rumors. May be traded to a place that makes him happier mid-season though.

Lots of good choices out there if we don't want Jordan. It may also bring down the prices or make some players available. The era of the 10-10 center demanding a max contract is over luckily.
I don't know that I would go so far as "lots of good choices". It seems like DJ gets more bad than good credit from everyone on this board. He's #2 rebounding in the entire league. I'm not exactly ready to just let him walk and really don't think much of the FA options are much if any better.

Horford - no way is he leaving Boston with that kind of money on the table and quality team around him, AND in the East
Cousins - complete headcase and starting to break down physically?
Gasol - don't see him leaving Memphis
Vujevic - this is a good option
Whiteside - even more of a headcase than Cousins
Howard - ...... yeah, no.
Valancianus - another good option, but seems like to Toronto at least until Kawhaii leaves
Kanter - improving defensively? that's not saying much because he played zero defense while in OKC

So I see 2 good options that are younger than DJ who could possibly be lured away. Personally, I would like to see DJ stay and convince Randle to come here for the PF spot. Is this lineup possible? if so, it does sound pretty nice with the OPJ love right now ...

DJ
Randle
OPJ
Luka
DSJ
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote