View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:46 PM   #430
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Yeah parts of season 8 were good. Definitely got back to what made it good (in parts). Still some awful

Just felt really rushed and some characters took turns that weren't necessarily bad, but just seemed illogical without the time to develop them (Tyrion's crush on Dany, everything Jaime-Brienne, Dany going from kinda wicked to full monster, etc.)

I think it was mostly sunk by season 7 basically being written by a bunch of writers with the idea that they needed big action to keep people interested while really just treading water for an entire season. If they had actually progressed the plot and developed characters last season, this season could have been okay.

Still a lot of foreshadowing that never paid off (Night King mythos, R+L=J, etc.), but it would have felt more earned
I see a lot of people saying that the show was rushed.. At first, I thought people were just saying that they rushed getting the show to TV...but, it's obvious that many meant that they simply rushed ending it. With that, I can agree. They obviously didn't rush getting it to TV..It took far too long. And to me, the biggest issue was the plot holes. Plot holes that you could drive a truck through.. It went from becoming a brilliant TV show to a really dumb TV show. I guess that happened in large part because they advanced beyond the writings of Martin.. But they'd done ok when they'd veered from his writing earlier in the series. Again, I think they had already started trying to turn their GoT success into their next payday. wanting to get something else in the development stages prior to finishing up GoT.

You're right. The Brienne/Jaime thing was silly. It was as if they were trying to appease a certain demographic of women.. I won't say which demographic, but it's obvious that this was done not to advance the story but to appease a group which always rubs me the wrong way. Either it occurs and feels organic or it shouldn't be in the show.

As for Dany going psycho.. I didn't have a problem with it, but yes, that plotline should have been developed more along the way.

I really liked the show on the whole.. But I've gone from wanting to re-watch the entire series about half way through the final season to being glad that it's over with..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote