Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 02:48 PM   #37
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yeah this draft is going to be interesting to review in a few years. Its considered a weak draft and now add to this the missing last months of the season and probably no workouts etc.

A lot of the players i think would be a classic Mavs target are mocked around late lottery, so i wouldnt be surprised if they try to move up (with #31 or maybe including Wright). But i also dont think the teams ahead of us are looking to move down. Most of them have multiple picks themselves and/or have really young roster.

The names i think the Mavs gladly take if one of them falls until #18:
Maxey (99.9% sure he isnt there at #18)
Poku
Vassell
Nesmith
Green
Hampton

Not sure with Jaden Daniels and his "issues". Talentwise for sure probably the BPA at #18

But solid chances they are all gone before #18. Except Poku i dont think they go big...if they dont think someone else has incredible potential and is going to be a steal. But i dont see anyone.
I can't see the Mavs passing on Aleksej Pokusevski if he is there at 18 unless Vassell is somehow on the board. The kid just has too much unique skill and talent for Donnie to pass on. A 7 footer with unlimited range that can handle the ball like a guard would be hard to pass on at 18. Way too thin and will take a few years to develop but the upside of that kid is unlimited.
Honestly he reminds me of a 7ft Ginobli.

If Vassell is there though, he'd be the no-brainer.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-31-2020 at 02:54 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote