Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #54
Scoobay
Golden Member

Scoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant futureScoobay has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Yeah, Poku is someone who would be hard to pass on at 18....especially with Donnie picking.

Unless Vassell somehow miraculously falls to us, and Poku is still on the board, I think Donnie picks him. His skills at his height are extremely rare.
We should pick BPA at 31 no matter what but I like Paul Reed with that pick if we don’t take Poku.

All things considered, Poku looks like he's going to take a few years to develop. Do we take that risk or go for someone who might be a more ready made player? Does he fit in? sure he's very long and skilled but just wondering if we're looking to turn the corner on things by next year vs. investing in another development.

If we were able to lock down a good 3-D wing in free agency then i'd be all for investing in developmental potential with the #18.

At 31, i'd never really heard of or seen Paul Reed - looking at his potential though he seems like a good match - didn't see much highlights of him in terms of his rim running abilities but if he could do 70% of what Powell does, his defense would be a huge improvement there. He's got that funny hitch to his shot too. I like his activity on defense and his blocks/steals rate is one of if not the highest.

I'm also wondering about Xavier Tillman - again a high blocks/steals rate - pretty skilled big man with good defensive chops. Anyone coming out of MSU you wonder if they'll be the next Draymond. From what i've seen is a smart player and a willing passer as expected coming from coach Izzo.

So for me i was thinking/hoping 3/D wing at 18 and defense first big at 31. Poku is intriguing for sure but only if we think we can upgrade with a good 3/D wing through FA.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote