View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 01:58 PM   #443
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Reminds me of the Mavs.

When we're playing hard, driving, making good passes, we're absolutely unbeatable.

Then we go 1.5 quarters and score 30 and allow 50.
I see what you mean, but imo, when the Mavs hit a bad stretch it's because of lack of experience. To me, that's fixable, but when the "we don't feel like playing hard right now, but don't worry, we'll have it when we need it" disease infects your team, that can only get worse over time.

It's the one problem with Kawhi. He might be the best player in the league, and it might be the right thing to manage his load, and to be fair, he ALWAYS plays hard when he plays, but I think the way he is handled by his teams gives other players the wrong idea. Add in a dash of Paul George, who definitely does NOT always play hard, and I think you've got real problems.

Having said that, the problems don't really matter if you're good enough to beat all the other teams in spite of those problems, so I guess we'll see.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote