View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Yes, both of you are absolutely nuts. Giannis and Luka would win multiple championships together. They would be one of the two or three greatest duos in NBA history. We're talking Kobe and Shaq level of greatness, only I really think they would have lasted together a lot longer than Kobe and Shaq. I'm absolutely convinced of that. So yes, if you don't want a potential dynasty, you're crazy.

Miss me with any of these notion about Giannis being a roll man being "limiting." I think he might be the greatest roll man in history and he would benefit tremendously from NOT having the ball in his hands all the time. And yes, a two-time MVP and DPOY, top 3 player in his prime is worth the max.

This is why the idea of Giannis was so intoxicating. It wasn't just the idea of putting Luka with another star. It's that I think their games are absolutely PERFECT for each other. A match made in heaven. I don't think we've seen anything like in NBA history.

I'm not too upset about it, because it was a longshot and I figured Giannis would indeed stay in Milwaukee. So it's whatever. But no, I'm not at all feeling this ambivalence about Giannis being a Maverick, like, "Meh, I didn't really want to pair our generational superstar with another generational superstar." Nope. Not feeling that at all.

And Dwight Powell is a swell guy, but I would personally drive him to the f*cking glue factory if we had Giannis. In fact, I'm not convinced we're not better off without Powell right now.

Just curious. Who's still available that excites you? Because from what I'm looking at, the 2021 free agency is now a bunch of overpaid and over the hill guys that are questionable fits at best. Gobert? Derozen? Lowry? Oh... goodie.
If we didn't have KP, and hopefully a healthy KP, then I'd agree with you. But man, you have to be able to shoot in today's game. Giannis is like the best role player of all time, but he just doesn't have that it factor when it comes to taking over games. At least, not in the playoffs and not yet. Look at what Dirk had to do shooting-wise to be able to win it all. I just don't see that in Giannis.

And I do think there are a lot of guys that fit really well with Luka.

Now, with regards to fa 2021, you're totally right which is why the Giannis pipe dream was silly to chase. Best guess is some sort of trade for a disgruntled player since Mavs do trades as well as anyone.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote