View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 11:56 AM   #487
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Rick Carlisle to the Pacers
Good to see him land on his feet. Hard to turn down a nice paycheck.

Nothing against Carlisle personally, but he had apparently lost both autonomy within the organization, and authority with respect to his team. Whatever the reason, he did not seem to be getting the most out of the current talent, and things appeared to be on the verge of ending up in the ditch.

When that happens, it's time to reboot. Elsewhere.

Carlisle's personality reminds me of Bill Fitch, to whom I believe RC has referred as a 'mentor'. Fitch was notoriously curmudgeonly, back in an era when coaches could get by with it more easily.

It's a little bit curious that Indiana is hiring that type of coaching personality given the dynamic that reportedly existed last year with first-year coach Nate Bjorkgren, with both assistant coach Greg Foster and player Goga Bitadze being suspended for an in-game confrontation/altercation:

Quote:
The situation comes during a frustrating two-month stretch for the Pacers. Wojnarowski reported Tuesday that first-year head coach Nate Bjorkgren's future with the organization is uncertain.

"Bjorkgren has significant work to do with his relationships among players throughout the team and with some members of the organization, but he has thus far shown a willingness to try to address those issues, sources said," wrote Wojnarowski.
So Carlisle may have to rely on his reputed 'adaptable AF' skill to make things work. All the best, RC.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 06-24-2021 at 11:59 AM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote