View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 05:06 PM   #961
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
To be fair, he's not one of the greatest 3pt shooters ever, he's THE greatest shooter ever, and I don't think anyone else comes particularly close. And I wouldn't say that everything else about his game is mediocre either. He's always been an elite ball handler too, and while his playmaking isn't elite by PG standards, it's certainly more than good enough for the way GSW plays. And his rebounding is above average for PG as well. The only part of his game that I would call mediocre is his defense. And in today's NBA, who cares?

But yeah, I still can't justify putting him above Kobe, Shaq, or KD, and I don't think I can put him above West or Robertson either. So for me that puts him #14 all time. Not too shabby.
I think what gets missed so much as it doesn't hit stat sheets...Curry has to be one of the toughest to guard of all time given how elite he is without the ball and his movement without the ball. I don't think I've seen anyone ever come close to that aspect of the game.

That being said, when names are written out, it definitely presents a tough case for top 10, but easy top 15. I will say Curry is above KD for me personally. Both with careers to finish out yet, obviously.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote