View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #192
Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud ofZaknaf3in has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalcity
Emulator Shmemulator.

Blowing in the cartridges and talking sweet nothings to the console is half the fun.
Ha - you're genius. Thats SO true.

I got a SNES Emu on my PS2 with don't-know-how-much games. Last week me and my girlfriend played Donkey Kong from start to end on a weekend - was fun, but just not the same as it was these years ago.
But, on a relaxed evening with gamer-friends, what could be better than some fights in Street Fighter II or some matches in good ol' Super Tennis or NBA Jam ("He's on fire!"). Zelda is also still nice.

On my PS2, the rest of the hdd is crowded with all Singstar Parts, some of the Eyetoy thingies and - most important - Pro Evolution Soccer 6.
I never played baseball or football games - because I don't even understand the rules of the real sport (sorry! ). I enjoyed some God of War some months ago, but Singleplayer games just don't catch me anymore.

And this is only because I used my PC a lot for gaming the last years - until it came to a full stop 2 years ago.

I played D2, UO, DAoC, WoW in rapid succession - until there was no game with less than 100 participating players that gave me fun any more. So gaming stopped abrubtly. Spent some hours in Trackmania ESCW because of its originality, but didn't take long.

Now, I'm only looking for good party games for reallife.

And, for all the singstar fans out there - I hope you know Ultrastar. A open-source Singstar clone for the pc.

Think about having your laptop, Ultrastar with 1500 songs and 2 sets of Singstar Microphones. Then you bring this to the next party, attach your laptop to the flatscreen of the host, and start a 2vs2 or 1vs1vs1vs1 party. You might even expand that to 2 Screens with 6 Players. Now, that's something to look forward to, eh?

Dallas Mavs Supporter, Berlin/Germany
Zaknaf3in is offline   Reply With Quote