View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #95
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Seriously, if I don't get to give consent to have my thoughts studied, then I don't see why we should afford that luxury to anyone else.
Studying the threads and discussions at a public forum is one thing. Actively manipulating the discussions for that purpose (and without consent, no less!) is another thing entirely. Allowing the board to be manipulated by assistants without enough supervision is a crappy thing to do. And trolling is trolling is trolling. Whether its purpose is academic or personal, it is bad, and to do it in a community (or allow it to be done under your responsibility) is disrespectful to everyone.