View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:21 AM   #125
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Why are you comparing a rebuilding team to a team in its prime?

Rockets are as good as they've been-- maybe ever. At least the best regular season team we've seen from them.

Mavs are in year one of what is hopefully only a 2-3 year rebuild. Not even worth comparing. With the right moves and a good pick I could see us anywhere from later lottery to 5-8 seed, but definitely not looking to make it even out of the first round
Well sure. But the Mavs seem so far away now. Things really have to fall right for them starting with that stupid ping pong ball. (yeah right...as if the Mavs would get lucky...they aren't the Spurs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
Westbrook is a lot of fun to watch, and I think he deserved the MVP award last season, but he's either the worst great player ever or the greatest bad player ever.
He reminds me of Barkley. Great talent but not so smart.

I feel the same way about his MVP as I did when Barkley won it. As if they were more valuable than Lebron and MJ respectively.

But if the triple double thing meant he deserved it last year then he should win it again this year. He did it again. But I guess the writers are bored with it this year. (exposing the fraud in the voting) This year it's about who is "due" (Harden).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I'd be borderline shocked if he went to Houston. They would have to gut their team and lose some key role players who are spot up shooters and defenders for yet another ball handler. And I'm still not convinced he leaves the East, he's had a red carpet to the finals for a decade in the East, why in the world would he want to go to the brutal gauntlet that is the West? The only west team I can see him entertaining is LA, simply because if he succeeds at bringing LA back from the dead he's immortalized even further.
I would ask the opposite question. Why would Lebron want to stay with an inferior team just to lose in the Finals? That doesn't make any sense.

And frankly, I scoff at the idea that the West is a "brutal gauntlet". The Warriors have barely broken a sweat on their way to the Finals the past few years. The OKC series was the only time they had to work hard. The Cavs swept teams on the way to the Finals an "the East is weak"...the Warriors do the same thing and "the West is tough".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Yeah, I don't think a mid-30s LeBron is even gonna make a dent in the all-time list of players who donned a Lakers uniform (Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Shaq, West, all in their primes), especially if he's battling GSW and HOU to even make a Finals appearance... Or he can join Houston, but given the MVP votes over the past couple years you could make a pretty strong argument that he'd be 1B to Harden's 1A... Dude needs to stay in the East or else his legacy is pretty much wrapped up.
Agree about the Lakers. Crazy legacy there.

But there is no way anyone would consider Lebron 1B on any team. I mean...just compare Harden and Lebron in this playoffs. It's not really close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Wade eliminated is always a good day.
Darn right! I like that he's keeping up his record of going out in the 1st round without Shaq or Lebron.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote