Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 10:51 PM   #1493
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Even if we get Schroder I just don't see any viable path to us winning a championship not just this upcoming season but period until we can totally reboot this roster. I know we made the Western Conference Finals but I honestly thought we looked like one of the worst Conference Finals teams I'd ever seen and didn't belong there. I'm not going to say we got lucky against the Suns we earned that and it was a great moment but I think it was similar to Golden State beating us in 2007 when we were the #1 seed a huge upset, problem is every year there's going to be teams like them the Warriors the Bucks the Nets the Clippers the Celtics the Sixers the Heat and you will have to knock off more than one of them to win it all probably at least two good Western Conference teams and one Eastern Conference team in the Finals and we're not really on their level it would be the biggest upset of all time and Luka would be in instant GOAT status instantly surpassing Dirk for us to even win one championship with this flawed roster. Sometimes teams make more and more progress so you might think Conference Finals was last year so Finals will be this year but you will just be disappointed. Just look at the Hawks another surprise team to make that made the Eastern Conference Finals a year ago and weren't contenders this past year and couldn't get out of the first round. Heck the Hawks got better this offseason with the acquisition of Dejounte Murray and although we added Wood we lost Brunson.

I'm sure this will just come across as negative but I just call it like I see it. It seems like every other superstar has found a way to pair up with another superstar but that's not going to happen here with Luka unless we somehow strike gold in the draft as free agency is always a disappointment and I know I've never heard of a Conference Finals team that has no real trade assets at all outside of our superstar. With Dirk we were able to build a team through trades to get several stars although past or towards the end of their prime to surround Dirk a solid roster from top to bottom with one superstar but we're really no where close to that happening here. I hope Luka doesn't leave us one day to team up with some other star but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm also a Cowboy fan but it's the same thing the fans think every year they're going to win the Super Bowl like the glory days but it's not really close to happening. I already knew better before the disaster against the Bucs. At least the Mavs can make it once to the Conference Finals unlike the Cowboys.

Not accusing anyone on this forum of saying we're going to win it all, but even MJ and Brady needed good teammates.

Last edited by JustJay; 09-15-2022 at 11:28 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote