Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 05:49 PM   #1515
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

That's what is interesting about this board is the variety of opinions.
There are pessimists and optimists and those in between.

I personally think we addressed some of our issues (rebounding and interior D) from last season and Dinwiddie could very well make up for the loss of Brunson. If Brunson was our primary playmaker, it would be one thing (like losing Nash). But we have the best playmaker in the league who is only getting better so all we need is a secondary playmaker and I'm not so sure we don't already have that in Dinwiddie. So it seems to me that we may only need a 3rd option playmaker and I'm fine with trying out some of the young guys on our current roster. I'd rather try that at first than give up assets for players that might not provide much more.

I lean more toward the optimist side because we are more balanced. The question will be if we can stay healthy and if the rest of the team can collectively step it up a bit.

We easily have the trade pieces to go out and get an adequate third option playmaker imo. That person doesn't necessarily need to be the 2nd best player on this team which is what I think some on this board are expecting. Luka is good enough to carry a very strong supporting cast and as long as the others collectively step up and at least live up to expectations, we should be a legit contender for a top 4 seed.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote