Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #1572
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I think your misunderstanding the logic behind this move

If you roll out a defensive lineup with Wood, Luka and Dinwiddie how many stops do you expect to get?

McGee makes sense to me because they haven't had a rim protector since Tyson Chandler left town and I'm sure Kidd thinks about that all the time since he knows how valuable a rim protector can be in the post season.

Besides everyone on these forums know that Wood will still play 30-32 MPG and his defense won't hurt as much playing vs 2nd unit lineups.
You dont start SD. We don't have a trusty back up ball handler/floor general.

The logic behind you're 2nd best player not maximizing his minutes with the best PG, possibly best player in the game isn't there for me.

Im running Luka, Bullock, DFS, Wood, McGee. That's a mobile lengthy defense with great perimeter shooting. You can also toss it to Wood and let him generate offense. Then off the bench you have SD, THJ, Maxi to continue the offensive threat against other 2nd units.

The fact that Wood is on a contract year and if we played our cards right he might re-up here...but You absolutely lose that when he's a FA because he's asked to be a 6 man especially in a prove it year.

I'm all for Dorsey, Hardy and Green getting the chance to step up, but c'mon...we can't realistically plan around that.

The plan may work well enough, but you're gonna lose any chance at keeping Wood. So we have a 6th man rental and he is our 2nd best player. Does not compute.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 09-29-2022 at 08:18 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote