View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jason Terry for Backup Point Guard

Sure he puts up a lot of points as an undersized 2 and 6th man. But now the Mavs have Roddy, Butler and DoJo who can all play that role.

On the other hand, Jet was a good enough starting PG to get this team to within a game and a half of a championship. I think I'd much rather see him get those minutes than JJB. He may not be the best distributor, but he gets much more respect from defenses, because, unlike JJB, they have to defend him. And we're only talking about 15 minutes a night. With Terry at the 1, teams won't be playing 4 on 5. And if they leave him open like they do Barea, Jet will kill them.

His defense is no worse than Barea. Against other team's backup PG's he may be ok. In the playoffs, he appears to have lost his end of game effectiveness, so maybe its time to relieve him of that role. Roddy is ready to take over that spot in the closing 5 anyway. End of games now should be Chandler (or Haywood) Dirk, Butler (or Marion if we need his defense), Roddy and Kidd. Let Jet be a shoot first PG Like he was when he 1st got here. I'll bet it works, and we'll wonder why we didn't do it sooner.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote