Thread: NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 05:14 PM   #47
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
In terms of success absolutely, but in terms of legacy I'm not sure. Dirk is top 20, you think Durant would surpass him with three rings, even more? I don't unless next year both Curry and Thomson go down and Durant still wins it.

True greats put teams over the top. You could replace Durant with 20-30 other players and the Warriors would probably still win this year. That doesn't take away anything from how great a player he is, but I think he chose titles over being considered top 30 when it's all said and done.
While I agree they'd still be contenders you can't ignore the fact that Durant has played great. If he was coasting on 20 ppg, then I see a much stronger case for riding his way to a ring. As it is, he has more than carried his weight. And he came back from a reasonably bad injury as well.

This'll be Lebron all over again where Durant wins a few rings and then goes back to OKC or somewhere else to "prove" haters wrong.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote