View Single Post
Old 07-29-2003, 02:43 PM   #70
sturm und drang
Golden Member

sturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura aboutsturm und drang has a spectacular aura about
Default $400.00 per child Tax-relief Checks are in the Mail- Bush screws the working poor!!!!

First of all, madape, I never once accused or even insinuated that you hate all things "ethnic". That, my friend, is wild fabrication. I do think, however, that you're a homophobe. And that, to me, is just as despicable as being racist.

I take it as a compliment that you single me out as an example of what is wrong with America. I truly do. Thank you.

What I don't understand is how you can make wild, unsubstantiated claims that I take no accountability for my life. By that measure, wouldn't I be unemployed, living off welfare? Or on unemployment? No, sir. I am a fully-functioning member of society who pays more than 30% of my income in taxes. I work hard and never fault anyone but myself for my failures. What I do have-- and what you are sorely lacking-- is any sense of compassion. I recognize that by birthright I was given an incredible advantage, and I think it is my responsibility-- having reaped the rewards of such privelege and my own hard work-- to give back and help those who were not so lucky.

I have the utmost respect for those, like MFFL, who pulled themselves up out of disadvantage and have succeeded. But I also volunteer at a non-profit that helps the homeless secure temporary housing so they can get jobs, and I see some people whose situation from birth is so dire that they need goverment assistance to do so. And if that goverment assistance comes from my pocket, all the better. Good. That's how it should be. I'm all for people accepting accountability for their actions; I'm also all for people accepting that we are charged with helping others who may not be as fortunate.

Compassion. God forbid.