View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 07:30 PM   #27
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default would the cowboys be better if....

Quote:
It's like this is a legitimate football thread. Would the Cowboys be better if the ran the option???? The whole thread is "na na na na na Quincy sucks".
[/quote]Qspare does suck, but that is another topic in another thread. This topic asks "Would the Cowboys be better if they just lined up another running back in the backfield and put extra blockers/tight ends into the game in place of the receivers? murph then adds supporting information, but he clearly separates the original question from his thoughts towards an answer.[/quote]
Let's be honest. You can't be implying that this was a thread started to discuss a legitimate football point. Maybe I'm missing something, but it sounds like he's asking if we should play with no receivers and no quarterback. Kind of humorous, but not a legitimate football point.
Quote:
It's not like we're a Super Bowl team and he's holding us back.
[/quote]True. We are not a SuperBowl team and he is one of the big reasons for that.[/quote]
One of many reasons. Insert your favorite QB and we're still a long way away
Quote:
Everybody knows that Quincy can't play except the coach with 2 rings.
[/quote]Wrong. Parcells knows that Qtard can't play as well. It's just that he has nothing better to plug in there in place of Qstanky.[/quote]
The reason he has nothing better is because he didn't seek anything better. He's been here since Jan.
Quote:

Quote:
The Bengals were trying to trade the #1 pick if anyone wanted Palmer.
Really? Why did they agree to terms with him so quickly then predraft? I know about the rumors, but the first pick is rumored to be traded every year basically. Not sure how this fits.[/quote]
The 1st pick is rumored to be traded almost every year because it can be acquired almost every year for the right price. There were too many outlets reporting it for it not to have any validity. I'm not saying they were giving it away, but with the 5th pick and something else, we could have had #1. Also I don't remember hearing Houston was shoping the pick last year. I definitly don't remember Atl. shopping it when they had it. It fits in because Parcells had options.
Quote:
We could have drafted Leftwich, Boller, Ragone, Sims or any of the QB's in the draft.
[/quote]I suppose so. But since you and Qtardfan place so much stock in Parcells decision making ability...why do you think he didn't draft one of these guys? Qstank is admittedly not any better so it is confusing.[/quote]
He didn't draft any of them because he's not yet convinced that Chad and Quincy can't play. He's not convinced they can, but why take a guy who will take 3 years to develop when you already may have a good one.
Quote:
We could have signed on of the 2 Jakes in free agency.
[/quote]Doubtful. Those deals were already in place. Would you rather play for a cruddy team or one wiht prospects for the playoffs?[/quote]
Most guys go for the money.
Quote:
have 4 mil in cap room.
[/quote]Do we? I'll take your word.[/quote]
4.25 to be exact. Heard it when Norm had Jean Jacque on.
Quote:
obviously Bill thinks one of these guys can play. I just don't know where the venom comes from.
[/quote]The venom comes from the fact that Qstanky can't play the position. Like all teams, fans expect greatness from the QB. Fair ro not, it is what it is. Do we get greatness? Of course not. We are lucky to get mediocre. We usually get crappy plus.[/quote]
Fair enough. I think Quincy can be good, but I could be wrong. We'll know after the season (I'll know after the season, you obviously already know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])
[/quote]The second part of the venom question is based on the inability of some posters to read a statement....digest it....comprehend it and make an intelligent response. This is not directed at you at this point. It frustrates the hell out of many of our posters that one guy cannot move past the "hutchisuck got beat out by Qspare my daddy is bigge than your daddy bullshit" even though 100% of all of the other posters have acknowledged that tiny fact. Unfortunately, that same poster(s) just can't bring themselves to admit that Qtard sucks balls. it's just that he is better than the other options on our current roster. Until that/those poster/posters do that....it will be a bloodbath.[/quote].
Bloodbath? That's kind of harsh isn't it?