View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 04:22 PM   #12
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman
i didn't bat an eye when marbury put us through:

-his weird incestuous talk,
-his proclamation that he was the best point guard in the league,
-his idea that he could get beckham-like publicity if he played in Europe
-he and his cousin soliciting organization members for sex
-his support of michael vick (which i actually found pertinent, relatively speaking)

but i cannot hold my tongue at this. i think knicks PR has literally brainwashed this guy. I mean, their big 4 (marbury, curry, crawford, randolph) are guys who were overrated BEFORE they even came to the knicks, and 2 of their next 4 important players (robinson, balkman) are among the most famous punchlines in the league, and the other 2 (frye, lee) are so buried in the depth chart that they are lost causes.

this franchise is a joke. has olberman made isiah his worst person ever yet? because isiah is this decade's nba's worst person. moreso than jerry buss or kevin mchale. this guy is pissing on kncks fans on a nightly basis. this team is awful, and it starts with management and the stench of isiah just percolates through the entire franchise. [/rant]
Indications out of New York are that the jury is about to find in favor of the plaintiff and will find against MSG and Dolan; jury has been unable to decide whether Thomas will have to pay any damages personally. This is twice in two years, by the way, that the Knicks are starting off the season paying out a big chunk of money to a coach (LB) or a team exec (Brown-Sanders) that Thomas tried to treat like sh*t.

This will be weird to me if Thomas isn't held responsible--the whole inicident is because of him. It will be kind of like when he instigated a confrontation against Bruce Bowen but got off without any league sanction; then followed that up by instigating a brawl with the Nuggets, for which he similarly received no formal league sanctions. If he isn't found responsible for harrassing Brown-Sanders, then I guess he'll feel free to start raping cheerleaders next. I doubt Stern will rock any boats given his weakened position because of the referee scandal, but he should suspend Dolan for (at least) 2 years, and Thomas for 1 year.

And I don't think it's a slam-dunk at all that Curry and Randolph are going to be world-beaters together. They don't/can't defend, and Curry is going to be useless if Randolph sucks up a lot of his low-post scoring opportunities.

Btw, Frye was traded to Portland for Randolph.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 10-01-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote