View Single Post
Old 03-09-2001, 04:51 PM   #6
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

There are a couple programs that can block pop-ups. I haven't used any of these, but I know a lot of people do.

AnalogX
Norton Internet Security 2001
PopUp Killer

Although I can't stand pop-ups, the sad truth is that most sites just aren't making any money by simply displaying banner ads. The situation was much different a year ago when banner ads payed quite well. But since no one ever clicks on them.. Anyway, if you use a program like the ones listed above to block ads on your favorite sites, then you're really not helping them out any. Maintaining a site can be pretty expensive (especially if it's really popular and generates a lot of traffic) so that's why I'm willing to put up with those pesky ads on sites I frequently visit. Just wanted to get that off my chest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote