View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #254
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Regarding Brady being the best ever, I don't personally agree but I can understand why people think that way. Most wins ever. Most playoff wins ever. Most super bowl appearances. Most super bowl wins. Incredible resume - no doubt. That said, I think he plays for the best coach in the NFL by leaps and bounds and has the best system around him by leaps and bounds. He's also been SO, SO lucky. Atlanta's EPIC choke (like, EPIC in terms of it maybe being the biggest choke job in the history of sports - ever), the tuck, Adam Vinatieri basically carrying his ass to greatness time after time, hell - even this year Baltimore should've beaten them if they didn't choke (err, Flacco didn't choke).

I think Marino, Elway, Favre, Rodgers, Young, Montana, etc could've accomplished more than Brady has over his career with the same talent. Also, this growing stance that he's done this without supreme WR talent - let's not act like it's all WR talent that helps a QB. Brady has had tremendous TEAMS that he's had the luxury of playing on. Plus, just because you're white and small doesn't mean you're not good. Truth is, maybe they've been giving a blue print all along on how to win with a pass-heavy offense but with money to spend elsewhere (quick smaller WRs with good hands that all command significantly smaller coin to team together for a very good WR corps but without that top-10 salary guy at his position). Let's not forget how much Beasley helped us this year.

Anyway, I just want to ask you one question regarding Brady and the talent around him and the system around him. What other team could lose their starting QB and go 14-6 overall (11-5 when the stud that is Cassell took over and 3-1 this year with studs like Brissett/Garoppolo)? Also, you look at a Super Bowl win like last night and you immediately think PRAISE TOM and man did he play good. But it should've all been in a loss with his SB record moving to 3-3 given how Atlanta choked it away. I mean REALLY?!? On the 20 yard line with 5 minutes to play and you don't even end up getting to ATTEMPT a FG to ice the game?

He's a top 10 QB. But I think there are many other QBs with more talent that never had the fortune he's had. That's not his fault - not at all, but still how I feel. Just ask yourself this question. Do you consider Yogi Berra the greatest baseball player of all time? Bill Russell the greatest NBA player? No to both from me - they were just very fortunate to have amazing talent around them for a very long time and won a lot because of it. Tom is no different to me. Supremely talented. Future HOFer for sure. Records likely never to be broken in this league of parity. That said, he's a cheater, incredibly lucky and will never be the GOAT to me for the reasons outlined above.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 02-06-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote